Half Marathon Start Date/Time – Saturday, Oct. 30 at 8:30 a.m.
Monster Mile Start Date/Time – Saturday, Oct. 30 at 9 a.m.
Packet Pickup (location TBD) – Friday, Oct. 29 5-6:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 30 7-8:15 a.m.
**If you can’t make it Friday night, we strongly encourage everyone to arrive early Saturday morning to avoid the late rush! We will close packet pickup and late registration at 8:15 a.m. in order to start the race on time.
- Now through March 31 - $45
- April 1 through July 31 - $55
- Aug 1 through Oct 28 - $65
- October 29/30 - $70
- Now through March 31 - $30
- April 1 through July 31 - $40
- Aug 1 through Oct 28 - $50
- October 29/30 - $55
- Now through March 31 - $25
- April 1 through July 31 - $35
- Aug 1 through Oct 28 - $45
- October 29/30 - $50
- Now through March 31 - $25
- April 1 through July 31 - $30
- Aug 1 through Oct 28 - $35
- October 29/30 - $40
- Now through Oct. 30 - $20
Please read the following information regarding race day.
Due to Covid-19, we are staging the start of the race for social distancing. We will have wave starts to help break up the crowd of participants at the start line. Even with the efforts on our end, we ask that you do your part as well to help us maintain social distancing and keep everyone safe. We encourage you to wear your mask before and after the race but it is not required while running. Relay teams: please wear masks on the shuttle buses. We ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided for you at various locations throughout the event area. Please take your temperature prior to coming to the event. If you have a high temperature, showing any signs or symptoms of sickness of any kind, PLEASE STAY HOME. We would be happy to switch your registration to virtual and you can still receive your t-shirt and medal. We want to continue to have in-person races but YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! Please help us with these simple steps of safety.
Thank you for your cooperation during these times.
NEW COVID PROCEDURES!
- Check-in and packet pickup: Location TBD
- Friday, Oct. 29th 5-6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 30th 7-8:15 a.m.
- Packet Pickups: Multiple ones through days leading up to the race.
- We will offer a pickup on Friday evening and Saturday morning to keep participants spaced out.
- Packet Pickup: Participants will go to designated tent/table and verbally register for race. Payments will be through Venmo or Square.
- Contact-less packet pickup (minimal contact). Dynamic bib assignment, which allows people to register from their laptop or smartphone up to race time. Crewmembers will hand bib to participant when they walk in and check them off on a laptop. Crew members/volunteers will abide by the protective guidelines provided by the State of Tennessee. We have the technology to minimize contact and keep people socially distant.
- WE WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL LAPTOPS for registration.
- Location TBD.
- Hand sanitizer and mask stations will be available in the bib pickup area and throughout the race area.
- Everyone will need to sign a waiver at the event.
CRITICAL AREAS…. Restrooms
- There will be limited number of individuals in the restroom at one time.
- Please wear a mask while in line and inside the restroom.
- Restrooms will be properly cleaned and will be monitored during the event.
- Restroom locations TBD
- We will have a small opening ceremony:
- Flag & National Anthem
- Race announcements
- We will also have the runners properly spaced out for the start of the race and start the race in waves to keep social distancing standards.
- We would like to use painted chalk paint dots for proper spacing of 6’ between participants.
- We will work with We Run Events on the various waves.
- We are asking runners to bring their own fluids but we will have small bottles of water and cups of water at 6 destinations along the course. 3 exchange locations and 3 water only stations.
- Vendors spaced throughout the post race location.
- We will offer fruit and snacks after the race. Tables will be spread out for social distancing.
- We will work diligently to keep things spaced out to encourage distancing.
- We will recognize the top 3 male & female winners along with the costume contest and the mile challenge which is voted on by the runners.
- Participants will receive a text message for results and winners can go by the awards tent/table to receive their award.
Check out the map for the star that matches the location.
- Exchange 1:
- Exchange 2: This would also be the exchange location for the 2-person relay.
- Exchange 3:
Shuttles: They will be located near the start and finish area. These shuttles will take participants to the various exchange location. Each bus will be marked with which exchange they will be traveling to. While on the bus, please wear a mask or buff.
This race option which will be adult, kid, stroller, AND dog friendly! Feel free to dress up and make this a fun time for everyone! In the spirit of a family fun event, we will not be timing the race. The 1 mile course will stay on the track with the same start/finish as the half marathon. The race will begin at 9 a.m. This race will be $20 and all participants will receive a t-shirt.
Map info coming soon!
As many of you know, it takes a village of volunteers to help with a race and even more importantly a half marathon. This year, with the new course and town, we would love to have as many volunteers out on the course and helping at the start/finish line as possible. We also give community service or volunteer hours! Click the link below to sign up!
We understand that volunteering can be difficult if you do not understand what your are needed for or what we expect. We have decided it would be helpful to have a volunteer meeting to discuss packet pickup and race day responsibilities. Light refreshments will provided as well. Tuesday, October 27 at 5:30 p.m. This is very important and we highly encourage all volunteers to take the time to come join us for this.
We LOVE to have fun and the costume contest is such an easy way to enjoy this event! Get dressed up in your Halloween costumes and join us for this contest! Funny, scary, DIY, bought, simple, extravagant…whatever you choose, come join us for the costume contest before the Half Marathon start. Anyone wanting to enter the contest will need to be at the start/finish line by 8 a.m. so that we can have our judges decide who will be the 2021 Haunted Half Marathon Costume Winner!
Top 3 Overall Male & Female (Cash Prizes)
Top Grandmasters Male & Female
Top Masters Male & Female
Top 3 Male & Female Age Groups
(1-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+)
Top 3 2-person relay for Coed, Female & Male
Top 3 4-person relay for Coed, Female & Male
Top 3 Overall Rucking
Local Attractions, Dining and Hotels
Location details coming soon
The Goose Chase has a no refund policy due to the pre-ordering of event shirts, medals, bibs, etc. We understand that emergencies or last minute schedule changes do occur, therefore, to better accommodate you, we have some other options instead.
- You can transfer your entry to someone else
- You can switch to the virtual option and turn in your virtual race time at a later time, and still receive the shirt and medal.
- You can defer to the next year
If none of these options work for you and a refund is still needed, there will be a $10 service charge through September 30th and we are not responsible for the online registration fee. After October 1st, there will not be any refunds. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com