2021 1st ANNUAL MUSIC & MILES HALF MARATHON
- $45 through March 28
- $55 March 29 - April 16
- $65 April 17 - May 6
- $70 May 7 & 8 (last registration/packet pickup)
- $30 through March 28
- $40 March 29 - April 16
- $50 April 17 - May 6
- $55 May 7 & 8 (last registration/packet pickup)
- $25 through March 28
- $35 March 29 - April 16
- $45 April 17 - May 6
- $50 May 7 & 8 (last registration/packet pickup)
- $25 through March 28
- $30 March 29 - April 16
- $35 April 17 - May 6
- $40 May 7 & 8 (last registration/packet pickup)
- $20 through May 8
Event details and pre/post race information
We have been greeted with open arms into Elizabethton to bring you this first year annual event, which will showcase the uniquely beautiful scenery of Elizabethton/Carter County. Graciously, we have jumped at the opportunity to partner with this fast growing community. Not only will the Music & Miles Half Marathon and Relays be happening Saturday morning but Elizabethton will host their very first First Friday in Downtown Elizabethton brought to you by Main Street Elizabethton. With much conversation and planning including the Elizabethton/Carter Co. Chamber of Commerce, Elizabethton Parks & Recreation and Main Street Elizabethton, we were able to incorporate our event into the First Friday event. Please consider the following information about the available activities that can benefit both events and local shops in the community.
First Friday Details (Friday, May 7, 2021)
Music at Covered Bridge Park 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Music & Miles Packet Pickup – 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Elizabethton/Carter Co. Chamber of Commerce
Runners – We have partnered with Jiggy Ray’s for a coupon good for one (1) FREE beer WITH BIB AND I.D.
Music & Miles Half Marathon and Relays (Saturday, May 8, 2021 start time 8:30 a.m.)
Packet Pickup – 7 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. at Covered Bridge Park (start/finish)
Runners – We have partnered with Riverside Taphouse for a coupon good for one (1) FREE beer WITH BIB AND I.D.
PLEASE help us get races back in the area by assisting us with the following recommendations for the safety of all involved with this event. We want everyone to remain healthy and have fun.
- No race day registration with paper forms.
- Day of registrations: Participants will go to designated tent/table and verbally register for race. Payments will be through Venmo or Square.
- Contact-less packet pickup (minimal contact). Dynamic bib assignment which allows people to register from their laptop or smartphone up to race time. Participant will get bib when they arrive at table and crew members check them off on a laptop. Crew members/volunteers will abide by the protective guidelines provided by the State of Tennessee. We have the technology to minimize contact and keep people socially distant.
- Location Specific. Please see website for more information.
Check-in and packet pickup
- We will be spacing our tables throughout the area. These will be spaced all throughout the area to assist with social distancing.
- Table one – pickup your bib
- Table two – sign your waiver
- Table three – record your bib with We Run Events
- Table four – pickup your race shirt
- Table five, six, seven, etc…. These are tables for additional race merch and vendors so please visit them too.
- Hand sanitizer and mask stations will be available in the bib pickup area and throughout the race area.
- Race shirts will be ordered (race specific). To guarantee your shirt during packet pickup, please register prior to that date. We have ordered extra shirts but will do a reorder after race day if necessary.
- Everyone MUST sign a COVID waiver at the event.
- Location Specific. Please see the website for more information.
- STAGING FOR RACES:
- Each wave will be no more than 30 and will be properly spaced out for social distancing.
- We will be communicating updates to the registered participants closer to the race.
- Runners should not run in packs of more than 4. Runners should keep socially distant during the race. Do not draft on other runners.
- Runners are to bring their own water or fluid. No water stations on the course.
- Masks are not required during the race but we encourage you to weara mask when not racing.
- Please utilize sidewalks where available where streets will not be closed and no police officers will used (race specific).
- Volunteers and signs will be along the course.
- RACE ONLOOKERS: Will be allowed to space out along the route
- Water and individually wrapped snacks will be provided near the finish area
- We will play music before and during race
Results and awards
- When the runners finish they will receive a text message with their time and finish result. They can also check their results on-line on their smart phone or when they get home. No results kiosks.
- No awards ceremony. Awards can be picked up at the designated table near the finish line.
After finishing, please avoid congregating in groups (10 or less).
Thank You to our partners and sponsors!
You can register via walk in at packet pickup.
Packet Pickup –
Friday, May 7, 2021 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the Elizabethton/Carter Co. Chamber of Commerce (615 E Elk Ave, Elizabethton, TN 37643)
Saturday, May 8, 2021 7 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. at the Covered Bridge Park (near start line on 3rd St.)
You can pick up your packet on the following days:
Packet Pickup –
Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Elizabethton/Carter Co. Chamber of Commerce (615 E Elk Ave, Elizabethton, TN 37643)
Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 7 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. at Covered Bridge Park (near start line on 3rd St.)
Yes! The course is a USATF Certified Course.
Trophies awarded to male and female competitive / runners only in the following categories:
Top 3 Overall Male & Female
Overall Male & Female Masters & Grandmasters
Age groups (top 3 male & female): 1-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Quartet Relay Teams: Top Co-Ed, Male, Female
Duet Relay Teams: Top Co-Ed, Male, Female
Medals will be presented to all runners and walkers who complete the race. NO BIB = NO MEDAL. If you have forgotten your bib, please find a member of The Goose Chase near the finish line the morning of the race.
For safety purposes, no dogs or strollers allowed.
Yes, the Music & Miles Half Marathon needs approximately 200 volunteers for the race. Please join our volunteers by clicking this link(coming soon). Thank you.
Covered Bridge Park
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Thank you so much for your consideration in becoming a sponsor. We offer several levels of involvement and would be happy to discuss them with you. Please email (email@example.com) or call (423-946-0519) and we will be happy to create a package that fits your business needs.
We did offer a hand cycle event for several years. However, the participation level declined to only one cyclist per year. The decision was made by several within our organization to discontinue this race option. We support our hand cyclist and wish them the best.
Total of 6 hydration stations. Each exchange area will offer a hydration station and then there will be additional stations along the course.