To celebrate National Running Day & Global Running Day, The Goose Chase has partnered with The Turkey Trot to create a kid’s clinic to celebrate and educate!! The purpose of the clinic is to educate our kids about nutrition, stretching, paces, preventative maintenance, drills and strength while also incorporating fun and games! The clinic will be held at Memorial Park Community Center (**NEW 2018 LOCATION) where we will have a team set up at different stations that will share their knowledge about a healthier lifestyle. Lunch will be provided and each child will receive a t-shirt as well.
Event Day Schedule (a glimpse of the 2017 schedule. 2018 details coming soon)
- 8:00 a.m. Check-in by The Goose Chase
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Warm-up & Stretching by The Wellness Center
- 9:00- 10:00 a.m. Moving Mechanics by ETSU’s Center of Excellence and the Home of the Olympic Training Center
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Injury Prevention by Appalachian Orthopaedic Association
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Lunch by Chick-Fil-A & Freddy’s Frozen Custard
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. Nutrition by the Washington County Health Department
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Pacing by Milligan College’s Track Team
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Relays & Games by the Tri-Cities Turtles running club
Parking – Memorial Park Community Center and Johnson City Cardinals Parking areas
To Drop-off – Memorial Park Community Center – Athletic/Aquatics Side.
What to bring – Wear something cool as it may be warm tomorrow. We will have coolers of water available. Also, please wear sunscreen and let our staff know of any medical needs that we may need to know (i.e., allergies, etc…) Come ready to have fun and to exercise.
Other upcoming youth events
June 6 @ 7 p.m. – Downtown Mile (Downtown Johnson City)
June 24 – Olympic Day (Kermit Tipton Stadium)
August 10 @ 8 p.m. – Fit4Life Glow Run 5k (The Wellness Center)
September 28 @ 5:30 p.m. – The Last Mile Kid’s Run with the Bluegrass Half Marathon (Founder’s Park)
October 20 @ 10 a.m. – Goliath at the Gorge (Doe River Gorge)
October 21 @ 2 p.m. – Scarecrow Skedaddle & Shindig (Founders Park)
November 3 @ 4 p.m. – The S’Mores Run (Tweetsie Trail)
November 22 @ 8:30 a.m. – Turkey Trot (Legion Street)
* Visit The Wellness Center for upcoming youth programs
To find out more information, visit our website www.TheGooseChase.org
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at this event.